Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Lots of changes are coming my way in the coming months. Here's a list to make it a bit easier for you.

1- Going vegan
2 - Going completely natural with cleaning products
3 - Going completely natural with beauty products (sans makeup)
4 - Going completely cruelty free with makeup.

1 - I've wanted to go vegan for quite a long time now. It's been a goal of mine ever since I was in my teens. Ever since watching Hungry For A Change it's been high on my priority list. Seriously, if you haven't watched it... you need to! I'm still getting together recipes and plans before making the complete switch. I've tried recipes and such, but still trying to really fulfill my hunger all day, while still getting different foods and trying new things. I'm also allergic to eggs, dairy and gluten so the original plan was vegetarian, but will be vegan due to those pesky allergies.

2 - Every time I clean my apartment I get horrible headaches! The fumes from all those harsh chemicals literally make my head spin! I finish cleaning and I have to sit for a while because I'm so dizzy. I can't imagine what it's actually doing to my body!

3 - Anything you put on your skin directly gets soaked into the body and therefore into your bloodstream. This is actually terrifying if you think about it. I've looked up tons of recipes and through the process of trial and error will be sharing my findings with all of you :)

4 - Natural make up is very expensive. I'm a teacher. Let's put two and two together! I will be going with the safer brands, without going completely natural. I will go organic and natural when possible, but I will only be shopping cruelty free brands. There are tons of list of these brands on the internet, I found mine on PETA's website.

Generally I just want to live a healthier lifestyle. I'm going to begin exercising more and HOPEFULLY begin growing some of my own vegetables! Have to figure out how in the apartment though. Will save that for another blog post. Enjoy your day!

Keep Searching,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment